UC Cooperative Extension Ventura County
669 County Square Dr. Suite 100
Ventura CA 93003
Our offices are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and our team is telecommuting from home. We are available via phone and email.
Click here for our office directory: 联系/Staff 资讯
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 virus spread, the UCCE Ventura County office and Hansen Agricultural REC will be closed from March 18, 2020 until further notice in accordance with UC guidelines and the Ventura County Stay Well at Home order. UC academics and staff will continue to work remotely during normal business hours.
All UC ANR-hosted meetings/events scheduled through July 2020 have been canceled, postponed or will be conducted via Zoom. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it unfolds and will update the website with any changes. If you have questions or concerns, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for understanding and stay well.
Director UCCE Ventura/HAREC
We're in the process of updating our website. Please bear with us while we effect changes that will optimize the user experience. Thank you!
Floyd Zaiger a world famous fruit breeder has just passed. Luther Burbank created such creations as the Russet Burbank Potato, the Shasta daisy and the ‘Santa Rosa” plum. This was all done through traditional breeding practices. Floyd Zaiger...
UC-ANR PUBLICATIONS has some helpful guides for protecting, identifying and helping pollinators thrive. Check'em out Common Bees in California Gardens Nearly 1600 species of native bees can be found in California's...
UC Riverside has entered into a $2.25 million partnership with Spain-based Eurosemillas S.A., a global leader in the commercialization of agriculture innovations, to help the university bring to market the most promising and advanced avocado scions and...
Fire season is upon us and it's critical to be prepared. Here are some important resources to help you get ready and stay apprised of fire activity in Ventura County.
Here are other resources we recommend:
- Fire in California This is UC ANR's comprehensive fire resources website. This site contains the latest information on fire ecology; wildfire preparation; health and safety in wildfires; wildfire recovery; and more. Useful information for homeowners, land owners and land stewards.
- CA Fire Science Consortium is a network of scientists and managers that strives to increase the awareness, understanding, and adoption of wildland fire science information.
- LUC Lab at UC-Berkeley researching land and land use change.
- 阅读yForWildfire.org CalFire's fire resources website, which provides many valuable resources for preparedness.
- **NEW Wildfire Risk to Communities maps by US Forestry Service
UC Agriculture and Natural Resources will receive $865,000 to help farmers in the Colorado River...
Extracted from the UC ANR News & Events blog...